By honing them with a butcher’s steel (also called honing steel, sharpening steel, sharpening stick, sharpening rod, or chef’s steel) before and after using them. Before using a knife, spend a few seconds honing it with about 30 strokes. Then when you’re through using the knife and before putting it away, hone it again also with about 30 strokes. Do this to all the knives you frequently use. You’ll be using a sharp knife every time!
- Avoid this auto repair shop in Araneta Ave.
- Find an honest computer box technician?
- Brew really good coffee at home?
- Keep kitchen knives always sharp?
- Create filler or placeholder text when designing a newsletter or brochure?
- Tie a Necktie?
- Find cheap but good notebook risers?
- Make sure I have the right kind of money for a trip to Cambodia?
- Know when it’s OK to use a split infinitive in a sentence?
- Find an IKEA reseller in Manila?